Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Primary Text Class Presentation

For the primary text class presentation, I joined the Cat on a Hot Tin Roof group. Coincidentally, my group was the first one to present to the class, therefore the nervousness increased dramatically. In order to prepare for the class, my group had to figure out what we had to do. The first time we meet, we discussed that we should have an activity regarding the text and then agreed to meet together to further discuss the presentation. Jessica always kept in touch with all the group members regarding any ideas for the presentation. A day was set to prepare the presentation, but unfortunately I had a family emergency and I was not able to attend. I was told that during the meeting, they discussed the different activities they had and agreed to do jeopardy. Jessica that same day emailed me about the decisions they made and what my task will be. I was asked to choose a category and to come up with questions regarding that section of jeopardy. Since the themes section was the only available section, I worked on questions for that section.
At first, it was very difficult to create questions regarding the theme of the book. I read the play and used outside sources to help me create the questions. After I began to create my five questions which were the four in the themes’ section and the final jeopardy question. I always kept in mind that my questions had to relate to the theme and also make the audience think and create a discussion. At moments, I believed that the questions were straight forward, but also at moments felt that the questions were opinion-oriented questions. I made sure the questions were appropriately worded and emailed it to Charles, the person in charge of creating the jeopardy board. Overall, the whole group contributed somehow and overall we were able to give a presentation in which provoked discussion among the class and taught them more about Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment